Terms and Conditions
B&T Moving Company, LLC, provides safe and efficient moves to each customer. To do this, the company has put some policies in place that will enable each customer to have the smoothest move possible. Each policy is detailed below. Our move coordinators are available to answer any questions you have about any of the following information.
Our moving estimates are based on the information you provided and our experience and expertise. This is only an estimate; actual time may vary. The actual time can vary due to lack of preparation, poor access at the job site, or additional items to be moved not originally accounted for in the estimate. Job cost is directly correlated to access and quantity of household goods to be moved. We do our best to accurately estimate the cost of your move but due to variables out of our control, B&T Moving Company, LLC does not guarantee completion time.
1. Walk-through and Payment. The customer or his representative must be present during the move at all times. We need your guidance! It is the customer’s responsibility to do a final “walk-through” to ensure we have taken everything. The time starts when movers arrive at the front door and stops when the last piece of furniture is placed and unwrapped at the new location. We do have a 2 hours minimum. Please make sure you have your payment ready to go at the end of the job to avoid paying for any extra time.
2. Payment Methods. The customer is responsible for paying for all services provided by B&T Moving Company, LLC on the job’s completion (no exceptions unless agreed with the office prior). Our Team Leader (foreman) will complete all digital paperwork to calculate the total outstanding amount and will collect the payment in full on the spot. All deposits paid upfront will be credited toward your payment. Our payment methods are as follows: Cash, Personal or Business Check, and Zelle – (processed without transaction fees). Venmo and Cash App (processed with a 2% transaction fee). All major debit and credit cards (processed with a 3% transaction fee).
3. Items that must be removed before the moving date: On a moving day please make sure you have all the following items removed and placed in your vehicle or a secure & locked area: All medications, checks, passports, documents, precious stones, jewelry, cash, coins, expensive china & glassware, credit cards, firearms, statuary, flammables, stocks & bonds, furs, fine art, collectibles, computers, laptops, gaming consoles and games or other similar valuables.
4. Rescheduling and Cancellation Fees: the Customer’s deposit paid upfront is fully refundable if the reservation is canceled at least 48 hours before the move’s date and time. Reschedule requests are also subject to the same 48 hours’ notice, where the first reschedule is free (no penalties), second reschedule will occur a penalty equal to your first deposit and will result in double the amount of your next deposit to reschedule. Third and further reschedules will occur a penalty equal to your second deposit and will result in double the amount of your next deposit to reschedule.
5. Narrow hallways and stairs. Sometimes modern-day furniture does not fit into these places. Our crew will do their best, but we cannot be held responsible if an item does not fit into your residence. Moving Company will not be responsible for damage caused by any non-routine moving including, but not limited to; hoisting, standing pieces on end, handing items over railings, sharp turns, overcrowded areas, and tight hallways/entrances.
6. Parking Arrangements. The customer is responsible for requesting moving permits if they may be required. We can only recommend getting permits for all moves as they guarantee to park the moving truck as close as possible to your doorway. Because you are familiar with the parking situation on your street, you must decide if you need one or if you can manage parking on your own. In most cases, we require 20-40 feet to park the truck. If there is nowhere to park at the time of the mover’s arrival, the crew will start your moving clock while they will be searching for parking. Driver reserves the right to park anywhere at his discretion to better perform services
7. Damages and Claims: Any damage claims must be submitted in writing to our claims department at email@example.com. Applicable notes about these damages must be made in writing on the bill of lading on the day of your move before movers leave your premises. Our company standards do assume a full inspection of furniture by both our movers and customers. The final inspection is the responsibility of the customer. All claims must be submitted by the Customer no later than 72 hours after the end of the move. B&T Moving Company has a right to refuse any claims submitted after 72 hours after the move. If the claim is successfully submitted, it may take 2-8 weeks depending on the exact claim to finalize the payout or repair/replacement of the damaged item(s).
8. Refrigerator Move. We only move empty freezers/refrigerators. Please empty the contents for safe moving. We are happy to load these last and unload them first.
9. Grandfather Clocks. You are responsible for removing the pendulum, chimes, and weights. Clocks are very delicate and may need to be returned or adjusted after your move has been completed by a professional.
10. Dresser Drawers, File Cabinets, Desk Drawers. Please empty all dresser drawers, file cabinets, and desk drawers. Remember that the furniture will have to be lifted and carried, so if it’s overstuffed and extra heavy it will be more difficult to handle. If the furniture will have to be navigated through challenging obstacles, like a winding staircase, it’s usually best to remove everything, even the drawers, as it may be necessary to flip the furniture on its side or upside-down to get it through. The more prepared you are the more efficient, you can be and the quicker the job can be completed. Loose and unpacked items can add time to the estimate.
11. Marble. Moving Company will not be responsible for any or all types of marble, due to the age or hairline crack that can cause splitting. Our crew will do everything possible to protect and transport these pieces safely.
12. Last Minute Change of Service. If the move requires work above and beyond the original order for services, the Moving Company reserves the right to fulfill other obligations before completing additional work. For example, you have originally ordered services for two (2) rooms move only. On the day of the move, you add additional rooms to move, not mentioned at the time of the request, additional pick-ups/drop-offs, etc., which will significantly increase total move time. To make our schedule on time for the next move, we reserve the right to postpone additionally requested services till our next availability and/or after the completion of other jobs that day.
13. Flat Screen TVs. These are susceptible to damage from extreme temperatures, slight bumps, and altitude changes. The original packaging is the best. B&T Moving Company offers universal Tv box rental. In any case, please note that in the absence of physical evidence of external damage or negligence (visible damage), we are not responsible for TVs functioning after delivery. Please note item #4 in our EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY.
14. Weather Conditions. B&T Moving Company reserves the right to reschedule the move at an agreed-upon time, without liability if there is inclement weather, including, but not limited to heavy/freezing rain, snow emergency, hurricane warning, weather travel ban, etc. You will have the option of being rescheduled to our next available day. We will do our best to reschedule you as soon as possible.
15. Driveways. Moving Company will not drive our truck off of the street surface or on very steep surfaces. Any time spent positioning the truck will be on the clock. Please be aware that positioning a large truck into some driveways may be extremely difficult. Moving Company will not be responsible for any damage to your driveway, lawn, or trees. Etc. Our drivers are very experienced and will be as careful as possible when positioning the truck.
16. Safe Pathways & Access. Moving Company will not take a truck off the pavement or on steep grades. Moving Company will not drive a truck over freshly graveled driveways, lawn sidewalks, or other areas not designated for truck traffic. Doing so may cause ruts in the grass, cracking of the concrete, loss of vegetation, damage to underground sprinklers, drain fields, or other damage. Moving Company is not responsible for any damage or towing charges, which may result, whether foreseeable or not. Any time spent positioning the truck(s) or time lost due to truck(s) getting stuck will be at the customer’s expense.
17. Right of Refusal. Moving Company will not do anything that we feel is unsafe. We reserve the right not to service you under dangerous, unsanitary, or abusive conditions the determination of which is at our sole discretion and we will not be liable to you or any other entity for direct or consequential damages.
18. Elevator Times & Restrictions. You must notify us of any elevator time restrictions before confirming your move. This will ensure that we can meet those restrictions to the best of our ability. If we are not notified of the elevator restrictions before confirming your job we will not be held responsible for meeting the time restriction. If you notify us about an elevator time restriction after your move is scheduled with us we may not be able to meet that restriction and we will inform you if we can do so.
19. Certificate of Insurance. It is your responsibility to check with your building to see if we need to provide a certificate of insurance before the move or if any other requirements. If we are not notified of the certificate of insurance or other requirements we will not be held responsible. A full certificate of insurance usually requires a week to be processed. If your building needs a certificate of insurance, we will need to know whom to list as a certificate holder, any additional insured, a fax number/e-mail address, and the name of a representative to whom to send it. If you have any questions, please ask ahead of time.
20. Self-Storage. If you are loading or unloading into or out of self-storage, we are only responsible for damage caused while loading, transporting, or unloading. It is the customer’s responsibility to provide padding (blankets, thick towels, padded paper, etc.) to protect their goods. You can rent our blankets for $12.99 per blanket is due on the day of your move, and $6.50 per blanket will be refunded to you when you return them. We ask you to be present at the storage site to note the condition of your items. Our responsibility ends when the unloading is complete. We will move items into any storage unit of your choice, however, items will be stacked in the storage unit and we have no control over people coming into or out of your unit after that time. For this reason, our insurance coverage stops as soon as we unload the contents into storage. Days, weeks, or months later, if the damage is claimed or if items claimed are lost or misplaced, there will be no coverage. Self-Storage moves are 100% at the customer’s own risk. Please purchase or rent pads and we will be happy to pad your furniture to keep it safe in storage. Keep in mind when we unload, we take our pads with us unless you purchase them.
21. Help with Your Move. Please note: Insurance regulations prohibit us from allowing you on the truck and if you choose to help with any part of the move, per our contract, we are excluded from liability for the entire move.
22. Simulated Wood Products and Pressed Board. These products have poor structural integrity, which does not lend itself to moving or repair. We will move these items carefully but cannot be responsible for damage to simulated wood or pressed board furniture. These items are excluded from any moving insurance coverage. A helpful tip from your friendly Moving Company: Furniture manufactured from pressboard and particleboard is designed to go into a box when it is moved from the manufacturer to the retailer and then to the customer unassembled. It is not built to withstand the normal stresses of a move as an assembled unit. Most are not designed with the extra wood structural pieces to adequately brace the unit for movement out of or into a residence or office, nor the normal moving truck vibration, even in air-ride moving trailers. Usually, chips or dents are not repairable. For these reasons, moving companies and third-party insurers do not offer increased insurance coverage for these types of items. We will do our best to transport these items for you safely and carefully, but because pressed wood furniture is so unstable we are unable to offer increased cargo valuation or increased insurance on these pieces. If damage does occur, you will be able to submit a claim only for the basic cargo valuation coverage of $0.60 per pound. Full replacement value insurance excludes these items. Pressed wood and particleboard furniture are moved at your own risk!
23. Kids and Pets. For safety reasons and their protection, small children and pets must be out of the work area.
24. Disassemble & Reassemble. Moving Company does not re-assemble any item that we did not disassemble unless we feel it is safe. We can take apart simple items like bed frames; take legs off of tables, etc. B&T Moving Company will not assemble or take apart anything that is too complex or that requires a manual. Please ask us before the move if you have a question.
25. How to Save Money. Pack everything into uniform-sized boxes or containers with lids and mark them with the destination room. Stay close to the action. Move delicate items in your car. We are happy, to place them there and remove them. Disassemble your furniture before we arrive. Be as clear as possible with your directions to our crew.
26. Aging and Deterioration. When moving household items, Moving Company has found deterioration occurs over time due to age/heat/dry rotting. Wood dowels and furniture, mattresses lump and disfigure upon disturbing, lampshades and wiring also become brittle and rotten, and floor lamp base concrete may crumble and fall out. If you wish, we will move them carefully, but will not be responsible for damage to deteriorated items.
27. Unsafe/Unique Moving Circumstances. We are often asked to perform tasks that border on the impossible. Moving Company will not be responsible for damage caused by non-routine moving including but not limited to, standing pieces on end, sharp turns, overcrowded work areas, difficult stairways, snags and sharp edges in work areas and doorways, handing over balconies, railings, etc., tight squeezes, and damage caused by weather. Moving Company is not responsible for any direct or indirect damage to items or surroundings, as a result of a specific customer request.
28. Flammables and Combustibles. Moving Company will not move flammables or hazardous material due to safety laws and DOT regulations. Moving companies are not legally permitted to transport any hazardous materials! This includes items that are flammable, corrosive, or combustible. What does this mean for you? If you have a gas barbecue grill you will need to disconnect the tank and take it with you. Your lawnmower and other power lawn tools must be emptied of fuel or they do not go on the truck. You should also be sure to disconnect gas hookups for grills, dryers, water heaters, and anything else that you plan to have your movers take. Moving companies cannot handle gas connections. Please contact your gas company for servicing. We do not disconnect gas appliances under no circumstances.
Non-allowable items include jelled fuel, Fire Extinguishers, Household Batteries, Matches, Aerosols, Chemistry Sets, Kerosene, Cleaning Solvents, Darkroom Chemicals, Gasoline, Ammonia, Pool Chemicals, Propane/Propane Tanks, Nail Polish, Nail Polish Remover, Motor Oil, Fireworks, Car Batteries, Charcoal, Charcoal Lighter, Liquid Bleach, Fertilizer, Paints (latex & oil-based), Paint Thinner, Pesticides, Firearms, Ammunition, Poisons (such as weed killer), Lamp Oils, Fuels. Customers must make other arrangements to transport these items.
29. Potted Plants. Especially larger ones are very difficult to move when full. The vibrations of the truck can sometimes crack the pots when full. We will be able to move your potted plants for you if you wish. We do not move large potted plants weighing over 50 lbs. B&T Moving Company will not be responsible for any damages to any potted plants or the pot/container they are planted in.
30. Electrical Connection & Dis-connection. We cannot disconnect any water, electrical, or gas lines from any appliance or item. We also cannot disassemble any item that requires such disconnection or connection. We will connect the washer/dryer or ice makers, but we are not responsible for the connections. You or your representative must check or accept any plumbing connections. Any assistance we give is as a courtesy only. Water and drain connections are the responsibility of the user. B&T Moving Company is not a licensed plumber.
31. Pianos & Safe Moving. B&T Moving Company loves moving big stuff. We move upright pianos, gun safes, jeweler safes, High-back pianos, etc. Please check with us before the move to make sure we can safely move it.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
1. B&T Moving Company, LLC’s liability for lost or damaged items is limited to $0.60 per pound per article unless the customer has purchased additional insurance.
2. The condition of any item(s) boxed by the customer (packed by the owner or his representatives) and not inspected before the move is not insured by B&T Moving Company and is the responsibility of the customer.
3. B&T Moving Company shall in no way be responsible for the working condition of electronic equipment, grandfather clocks, or any other piece of mechanical equipment (MCU/Mechanical Condition Unknown). All items should be properly boxed and securely packed. If the following items are transported loosely, they are excluded from moving liability. These items include, but are not limited to: ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS, APPLIANCES, TELEVISIONS, STEREOS, DVD PLAYERS, CD/MP3 PLAYERS, SEWING MACHINES, TYPEWRITERS, COMPUTERS, PLANTS, LAMPSHADES, GLASS, CERAMIC LAMPS, CERAMIC ITEMS MIRRORS (WITH OR WITHOUT A DRILLED HOLE), MARBLE, CERAMIC, PLASTICS, CONCRETE PIECES, STATUES, PICTURES, PAINTINGS, CURTAIN RODS, LAPTOPS, DISHES, CHINA, ETC. Standard liability is limited to and not to exceed 0.60 cents per pound, per article.
4. B&T Moving Company will not repair or replace the pressed board or simulated wood furniture. Budget-priced furniture today is made from pressed wood or wood byproduct material. Some of the wood grain looks simply paper and some are very thin plastic materials like on lower-end kitchen cabinets. This type of material is not structurally strong, especially if it has screws since the screw threads have no real grain to imbed into, just crumbly pressed wood chips held together by some binding agent. It is not repairable and we have seen it crumble from the smallest vibrations riding in a truck across town. We will do our best to move it successfully for you.
5. B&T Moving Company reserves the right to repair or replace any damaged item(s).
6. B&T Moving Company will not be responsible for damage caused by non-routine moving including but not limited to, standing pieces on end, sharp turns, over-crowded work areas, difficult stairways, snags, and sharp edges in work areas and doorways, handing over balconies, railings, etc., tight squeezes, and damage caused by weather. Occasionally it may not be possible to place items where you would like them without possible damage to the items or premises. If this situation arises, our foreman will present you with a release form indicating that you accept responsibility for any ensuing damage. (and/or obtain your verbal agreement). You will be asked to sign a waiver if we agree to attempt any non-routine moving request.
7. B&T Moving Company shall not be responsible for loss or damage to accounts, bills, checks, evidence of debts, letters of credit, passports, tickets, documents, manuscripts, notes, mechanical drawings, securities, currency, money, bullion, precious stones, jewelry, or other similar valuables, paintings, statuary, or other works of art; or property carried gratuitously or as an accommodation. The process of removing drawers must be done in the presence of the customer or their agent.
We require that all valuables be placed in a secure area of the premises before moving day. Example: (A vehicle or a family member or a friend’s residence.)
8. B&T Moving Company shall not be responsible for damage resulting when moving household items that have deteriorated such as, but not limited to, lamp shades, mattresses, electrical wiring, etc.
9. B&T Moving Company shall not be responsible for glass in any form or damage resulting from glass breakage unless special packaging has been purchased. This applies to porcelain and ceramic items, also.
10. B&T Moving Company shall not be responsible for plants or pets.
11. B&T Moving Company may use dollies to facilitate removal or placement of appliances, etc., and damage that may result to soft floors, such as, but not limited to, indentation, scuff marks, etc., are not the responsibility of B&T Moving Company. We will do our best to not damage the customer’s floor.
12. B&T Moving Company shall not be responsible for damage to waterbeds or any subsequent damage. We claim no expertise as waterbed technicians.
13. B&T Moving Company shall not be responsible for damage to items requiring special instructions if the customer fails to provide such instructions including, but not limited to, disassembly or assembly of said items and any special preparation required. It is your responsibility to provide special tools if needed.
14. B&T Moving Company assumes no liability or responsibility for any items and cargo placed in the customer’s vehicle or in rental equipment which B&T Moving Company does not transport.
15. B&T Moving Company may use dollies to move heavy objects such as but not limited to pianos, appliances, items over 300 lb., etc. Any floor surfaces including but not limited to parquet, hardwood, ceramic, marble, entrance halls, etc., and any damage that may result to soft floors, such as, but not limited to, indentation, scuff marks, etc., are not the responsibility of B&T Moving Company.
16. Water Connections. B&T Moving Company can connect the washer/dryer. Please note:
you or your representative must check or accept any plumbing connections. Please make sure the main water valve(s) is completely turned off before disconnecting them. Any assistance we give is as a courtesy only. Water and drain connections are the responsibility of the user. WE ARE NOT PLUMBERS.
17. B&T Moving Company cannot be responsible for the working condition of major appliances. Please note: if you are moving the front/top load washer- you are responsible to arrange a third-party appliance technician who will install shipping bolts for your washer before moving it. We do not carry additional hardware.
18. B&T Moving Company cannot be responsible for dents or scratches on major appliances. A thin metal that has an extreme affinity to dent and scratch covers them. We will do our best to not scratch or dent appliances.